3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Suspension lifts

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:53 PM
03gsxr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension lifts

Ok heres the deal I'm thinking about I have a 02 ram 1500 4x4 I have a 3" body lift and I want it higher but I'm a cheap a$$ hehehe. Anyways the rough country lift is $1200 and what they offer is a 3" block in the back and they say its a 4-5" lift they go by front lift I guess? because the back is only getting a 3" lift because of the block right? Well this is what I found for $179 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Sus...Q5fAccessories
This level kit has a 2" block for the back only 1 " smaller then the rough country but $1000 cheaper I'm I thinking wrong here or would I be better off doing that level kit and saving myself $1000 any help would be great the wife really likes the idea off the ebay one for $179 because shes tired of me spending money on my truck LOL

Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I understand what you mean and are trying to do but rule #1, NEVER EVER let the woman know how much you spend on your toys or truck. If it cost 1200 then tell her it cost half that.

Secondly, the parts you are looking at on ebay will work although later you may still want to go higher.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 AM
03gsxr
Rookie

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I understand what you mean and are trying to do but rule #1, NEVER EVER let the woman know how much you spend on your toys or truck. If it cost 1200 then tell her it cost half that.

Secondly, the parts you are looking at on ebay will work although later you may still want to go higher.
LOL Weed I wish I could get away with not telling the wife how much stuff is but she knows how much $$$$$ we have lol

Old 02-18-2011, 07:50 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

My wife has her money and I have my money and then we have our money. Wish you could get it like that. It makes things easier some times.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:35 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't you pay attention to these threads? Didn't we just have two different guys who tried to go with 3" of level kit and blow CV joints here recently?

Get the $179 kit and go the 3" on those CVs and it'll end up costing you more than the suspension lift in the end.

This dude is yanking off the kit you are looking at after blowing CV joints, maybe you can get a deal on his:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ter-level.html

Last edited by HammerZ71; 02-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:43 AM
03gsxr
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Don't you pay attention to these threads? Didn't we just have two different guys who tried to go with 3" of level kit and blow CV joints here recently?

Get the $179 kit and go the 3" on those CVs and it'll end up costing you more than the suspension lift in the end.

This dude is yanking off the kit you are looking at after blowing CV joints, maybe you can get a deal on his:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ter-level.html
WOW thanks for finding that Hammer I didnt even see that thread well my mind is made up lol

Quick Reply: Suspension lifts