3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My Ram is a POS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

08 4.7 ram with 38k on the clock... I've had one issue since I bought it and that was a CEL for p0174.. took a long time and a lot of fights with chrysler/dealer to get it fixed turned out it was a bum fuel injector.. Pretty much the only issue I've had. Also have an 06 ram and the only issue with that was a p0456 cel... bum gas cap and now it has a busted mode door for the hvac..

and as far as the plugs go.. you do realize the 30k plugs are copper and cost maybe 1 dollar or two a plug.. and since you were a mechanic changing plugs should be easy.. and don't pull in the whole tool deal.. a ratchet and socket and few random things are cheap to get..

What you must realize is that sometimes you buy vehicles and have issues sometimes you don't....

idk what your tryin to do with the post either I mean if your trying to say dodge sucks i'll find 100's of forum posts from other car brands of ppl saying the same thing you are soo if everyone follows ur logic then basically every car on this planet sucks...

Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 PM
moparmaniac20058

yea there are lemons sounds like yours was wrecked airbag and alignment problems you do the math and im pretty sure chevy built a dash around there heater core to and ive never seen a dodge that took 16 spark plugs that mechanic is just tryin to screw you over

Old 02-25-2011, 10:55 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hemi has 16 plugs....

Old 02-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by newfiebullet
Oh, how much for the brush guard?
For you, $1000.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by jusjay727
dont flush the tranny cause youll be askin for it then, just drop the pan change the filters and fill with atf 4 nothing else...everyone that flushes seems to have an issue after...
Ive never heard this. I can see dropping the pan BEFORE a flush (to keep any particulate matter from going downstream), but why leave all the old/used fluid in the tranny? All your doing by adding 4 quarts is diluting the dirty.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by moparmaniac20058
yea there are lemons sounds like yours was wrecked airbag and alignment problems you do the math
Huh??

and im pretty sure chevy built a dash around there heater core
Ive never seen a Chevy (or any othe truck) that you have to remove the entire dash to replace a heater core, or vacuum motoer.

to and ive never seen a dodge that took 16 spark plugs that mechanic is just tryin to screw you over
Two posts, you call yourself "moparmaniac" and you dont know modern day Hemis have 16 plugs...for years.

You go now.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Ben D.
idk what your tryin to do with the post either
Im sharing my experience with my Dodge truck, at a Dodge truck forum...got it now?

I mean if your trying to say dodge sucks i'll find 100's of forum posts from other car brands of ppl saying the same thing you are soo if everyone follows ur logic then basically every car on this planet sucks...
Im saying that my truck has suffered more mechanical issues than what I consider normal for the given mileage...got it now?

And please feel free to post proof that "every car on the planet" has suffered all the mechanical woes I have had, in under 2000 miles.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:56 AM
JDG103
Veteran

ok....seriously....now this is getting out of hand....look you got a ram, now its havin some issues, ok so what, everyone has issues with there trucks. unfortunatly you got a lemon. so stop complaining or talkin ISH about it. you say you used to be a mech. so then fix the problems, and tools shouldnt be an issue at all. if you dont like what we have to say then leave the forum

Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 AM
areinike
Veteran

The worst car I ever owned was a Pontiac a.k.a. GM .. it goes both ways.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Matt99
Champion

this is the most illogical rant I think ive seen since I joined this site. From the replys it seems like its never going to be righted, either. We might as well give up.

Ive had problems with my Ram. Its been in the shop for warranty work 16 times and I havent hit 50k. Literally 16 trips with multiple fixes. Its at the dealership RIGHT NOW. But like Hammer said, usually flaws from the factory show up early in the trucks life (like mine). All trucks have problems, my old Ford went nuts at like 60k and I had all kinds of problems. My moms Lexus has went through 2 sets of coils, has to have radiator patch-it, and leaks oil from the block, all in the past 2 months. It has less than 70k, cost almost 50k two years ago, and the dealer wont fix any of it under warranty because she put so many miles on it so fast so its abused.

you bought a used truck with quite a few miles. If you dont like fixing issues that normally show up in EVERY brand i.e. heater core, plugs, etc then start buying NEW TRUCKS with a warranty. If I was a mechanic I would fix this stuff MYSELF and not pay others to do it

EDIT: except Shilohs rant on buying a stroker kit that turned out to be a Woody doll