3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

06 4x4 with 4 whl ABS front hub part number problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
bluewingjb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 4x4 with 4 whl ABS front hub part number problems

I recently had an ABS issue with my 2006 SLT 1500 4x4 extended cab with the Hemi. The problem was the front driver Speed sensor, after inspecting the hub I decided to replace it as it was mechanically looking pretty bad. Well to make a long story short if you go to Autozone, Oreilly or Advance they will all give you the wrong assembly for it and non of them know what the part number is for the correct assembly. I took matters into my own hands and called Timken, which are sold at Autozone, and found out that the correct part number for this application is SP500101 not SP500100.. That is the one Autozone has listed for my truck. The reason it will not work is that the speed sensor is the wrong one, the connector will not plug in and the sensor only has 1 Meg of resistance where as the factory speed sensors have 4.5 Megs. If anybody needs to replace a front hub with speed sensor for this model and uses Autozone the part you want is SP500101... I would suggest if you have a slightly different application you call Timken direct first to make sure of the part number. They can be found at www.timken.com

Have a good one
Wes

Old 03-10-2011, 05:37 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the site. If you are interested, you can download the Parts catalogs from the links in my sig. Maybe they will help you out next time??

Old 03-15-2011, 05:58 PM
bluewingjb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the problem was that the part numbers listed at all the parts places like Autozone and Oreilly were incorrect. The only way I found that out was to call Timken directly and spoke with one of their techs. He sent pics of both hub and the electrical connections. What should have cost me 175 or so per wheel ended up costing 300 since I had to buy the sensors from Dodge. Oh well its running perfectly now.

Quick Reply: 06 4x4 with 4 whl ABS front hub part number problems