3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Just Got My Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 10:14 PM
brmadman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got My Superchip

I finally received by Superchip Flashpaq 3865 and installed the mileage XS tune for 87 octane. I am going to give it a performance 91 tune soon though. I have a few questions:

1) Can I remove MDS with this model? I am going to have a new exhaust installed and I thought I could disconnect the MDS using the superchip.

2) Do I have to purchase custom tunes or are these free for download once I buy the tuner. I am new to this, so I'm not quite sure the best way to go about it.

3) What would you do if this was your first time tuning your truck?

Old 03-20-2011, 10:28 PM
brmadman

Oh yeah, is it cool to use 89 octane with an 87 octane tune? I tried looking for it in the superchip thread but couldn't find the answer to my question and I didn't want to read through every page.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:07 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You can remove the MDS assuming your truck has it. You dont have listed what year your truck is so i cant be sure but that model (3865) will do it.

There are no custom tunes with SC. All are basic generic tunes. However, you can update the tuner with the canned tunes SC provides through their site.

Assuming you have 04 plus I would go ahead and get the transmission tunes for a few extra through their site. I think you will like it.

It is cool to tune the truck for 87 and use 89 but NOT tune for 89 and use 87.

If it were my truck I would set it for max performance and put the best gas and injector cleaner I could get in it and see how you like it.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 PM
brmadman

Oh yeah, truck info would help. It's a 2008 1500 big horn HEMI. Thanks weedahoe, appreciate the info. I'm busy at work making a couple extra bucks... and I know just where the extra is going to go.

Quick Reply: Just Got My Superchip