3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

First post

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Laxipad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, not sure what kind of exhaust it is, came with the truck but one of the hangers is broken and there is some rust on the tubing and tips...gonna throw on Magnaflow and some headers once I figure out what model I want.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Matt99
Champion

looks good and sounds like a plan. I bet you are excited to have that truck!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Laxipad

I am stoked to have the ram. Lol, I always find myself looking for something to do with it now. I have helped my buddies move furniture, duffle bags and rucks, bags of trash lol pretty much anything...and it has all the room for my sons stuff I have to take anywhere we go...I doubt I will ever own a car again...with the exception of a Jeep. Use to have a '72 CJ5 that I miss soooo much... wish I would have never sold it...

Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 AM
dodge1hemi00
Veteran

Looks like a very clean truck good job man

Old 03-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Pics or it didn't hap...oh there we go =D
I can never figure out the difference between the Big Horn and the Lonestar, but I like the name of yours better. It sounds tougher LoL

I'm waiting for my Magnaflow to come in right now, and can't wait to see what it's like. Welcome to the forums. There's a lot of good people with loads of great info here.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Laxipad

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
Pics or it didn't hap...oh there we go =D
I can never figure out the difference between the Big Horn and the Lonestar, but I like the name of yours better. It sounds tougher LoL

I'm waiting for my Magnaflow to come in right now, and can't wait to see what it's like. Welcome to the forums. There's a lot of good people with loads of great info here.
What model magnaflow did you get? Cat-back only or are you planning on putting some headers on eventually?

Old 03-23-2011, 03:04 PM
08hemisunburt

The lone star package is only for the great state of Texas. Its the same thing but named diff if is not in Texas.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by Laxipad
What model magnaflow did you get? Cat-back only or are you planning on putting some headers on eventually?
I went with the 11379. Local shop is going to cut the "Y" out making it essentially a "true dual" system. 2.5" from the cats, through the muffler (which is basically just an "X") and out the side of the truck. As far as headers, I can't imagine the money and time spent changing them would be worth the gains.

Originally Posted by 08hemisunburt
The lone star package is only for the great state of Texas. Its the same thing but named diff if is not in Texas.
That makes sense.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 AM
cobytur

Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
I went with the 11379. Local shop is going to cut the "Y" out making it essentially a "true dual" system. 2.5" from the cats, through the muffler (which is basically just an "X") and out the side of the truck. As far as headers, I can't imagine the money and time spent changing them would be worth the gains.
\
Headers are a great mod for your truck if you do them with a good exhaust system and a CAI. The only problem is its hard to find anything other than shortys for our trucks if you have the 4.7

Quick Reply: First post