3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

VHT nightshades.... tint.... ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:55 PM
s13_marine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question VHT nightshades.... tint.... ???

Hey guys, may sound like a dumb question, but what is your guys opinion on using the VHT nightshades on the inside of the back window? I already have the Windows tinted, and the darkest tint available is on the back Window and two back door windows. However the side windows glass is tinted glass, but the back window is.just regular clear glass, so its way darker on the sides than the rear window is. I've considered adding another layer of tint on just that back window, but have heard this causes it to bubble in a few years.

The VHT paint seems like it would coat pretty evenly, and that it would hold up well and not cause the film to bubble because its not between the glass and the tint. What do you guys think? Would it hold up? Would it come out even and uniform? Would it look like hell?

Last edited by s13_marine; 04-06-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Matt99
Champion

i wouldnt. and you would be spraying stuff in your panit so slim change you wouldnt get it everywhere. I could see it bubbling or something when the glass gets 150 degrees and then changes to 80 after you run the a/c for awhile.

I would rather put two layers of tint and risk it bubbling than spray a coat of spray paint in your cab.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:42 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

No can do. It would look terrible as it would be like looking through a glass of water.
Also, you will get lots of fisheye, dust/lint. Glass is super smooth and unless you scuffed it down and shot it but again...it wouldnt be very visible.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Razorhawg
Veteran

what % is on the rear in the first place? 5%? 2%?

Old 04-07-2011, 11:56 AM
s13_marine
Professional

4% is on the back 3 windows

Old 04-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Razorhawg
Veteran

i think your next step would be to paint your back window black... 4% is damn dark.. id lay a 20% over if you really want to that should match the two rear sides and the back

Quick Reply: VHT nightshades.... tint.... ???