3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Help find pesky little parts for my 08

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Black Jack
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help find pesky little parts for my 08

Like most here I have searched along the wide span of the internet and have found some awesome sites for little parts here and there all the way to major parts. I am currently waiting for my LMC catalog to come in even thought it seems that Dodge doesn't seem to have the vast parts array as the other trucks. Anyways one thing that kills me is a button that I cannot find. I have an electric beer gettin window. Apparently the previous owner loved this to death because the switch is about painteless. I have been looking for a repacement for the future and I can't find it for crap. Granted I haven't gone to the Dodge house and really don't want to be raped on a price for a simple switch. If anyone knows the most uber awesome of all Dodge parts sites that has this part, please help a brother out.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure moesperformance is strictly Dodge parts but I don't think they have what you're looking for.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you talking about the sliding rear window? If so, 4602521AD should be it, $9.37 at moparonlineparts.com. Go to Weedahoe's signature and download the 2008 parts manual.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:20 AM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

check out the lmc online catalogs, you can order online but those things are nice to have and thumb through when your bored.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I would look on Ebay. Finding the part number is the hardest, so, go over to the FAQ section and scroll the listings for weedahoe's Service Manual downloads. It's got blow-up pics of everything on your truck. Then download the service manual for your year and it will show you with pics, how to take the console apart to replace that button.
Generally speaking, that switch is nothing more than a momentary switch, but I wouldn't put anything other than the dodge OEM made switch back in it's place. It's a molded piece and I'm certain it has internal properties that others won't match. it's an '08, get the OEM switch for $20

Old 04-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Black Jack
Rookie

Well I went on the moparonlineparts and found a buttload of stuff. I just purchased the push button start for an 06 SRT. Some may think it's pointless but damn I've wanted one since I first saw an SRT. Maybe I'll get savvy enough to post a vid when I get it all together. To everyone who's ever given me a helping hand on info, I thank y'all. This site has definately helped me out.

Quick Reply: Help find pesky little parts for my 08