3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Truck only idles for 10 scnds on command start?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:38 PM
terracedean
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck only idles for 10 scnds on command start?

2008 dodge 1500 4x4 auto,so i get in my truck last week after ive been in camp for a week, start it up and its says"fuel door" or gas cap or somthing on the dash, so i check it and its fine, drove it home, started it the next day with factory command start and it only idles for 10 seconds then shuts off, so i get in in and strt it manually and the malfuntion indicator light is on now? it runs fine and drives fine... any help? please? lol, need to drive 500km on monday

Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Geezir
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that happen with mine. Just take it for a bit of a drive and the light should go away. That's the easiest way to reset the system..

Seems like the factory starter is nothing but a piece of **** on these vehicles. Me along with quite a few other Mopar owners in town have nothing but problems with them.

Mine sometimes it'll run for 10 minutes, sometimes it'll run for 1 minutes, sometimes it wont even try to start despite the fact that the horn honks signifying it got the command.

However I can't justify the price for an aftermarket starter so I've just lived with it.

Quick Reply: Truck only idles for 10 scnds on command start?