3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Hello! Need more power please

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 03:40 PM
boostmeplease
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! Need more power please

Hello everyone, I should have joined a long time ago, but im happy I finally did! I'm brought by my lifelong quest for more power and the satisfation that I seem to enjoy more than most of being faster than whoevers next to me

I am currently trying to make a very hard decision of whether to start dumping loads of money into my daily driven 06 1500 Hemi, or just wait another year or so and get a Jeep SRT-8 or a CTS-V.

Lets stick to the Ram for now, I live in Parker (suburb of Denver) so the thin air up here makes me feel like boost is an absolute necessity to overcome the altitude issues.

So now were at Turbo vs SC I think overall turbo systems are better when you consider overall efficiency. But that is an ideal turbo system, I don't consider the easiest option for me; remote mount to be ideal.

So considering my supercharger options (the 2 i know of after considerable research) I can go with the ProCharger kit or the Paxton kit offered by GSM. In fact I found a supposedly new GSM kit for 3k but shortly thereafter I found all of the negative issues about GSM that are spoke of on here. Frankly I don't think I'm willing to buy the kit from a private party when its said that the party that supplied to them (gsm) couldn't get things right.

So looks like my best option is the P/C. Biggest thing for me with it is, will the extra energy needed to drive the P/C keep MDS from activating?

If it will then I am leaning back towards the turbo, LOL

Any constructive thoughts on any of this novel (sorry) I wrote are greatly appreciated.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:09 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the third generation Ram section. Check out www.shophemi.com and www.inertiamotorsports.com ,
FF

Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Once you get into that playing game, the custom tuning you will have can disable MDS from kicking in

Quick Reply: Hello! Need more power please