3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Let's get a Truck Of The Month going shall we??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured so. So much new traffic and almost every thread is a new guy asking a question that leaves after it's answered.

I don't know what the answer is.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt99
I figured so. So much new traffic and almost every thread is a new guy asking a question that leaves after it's answered.

I don't know what the answer is.

that's because these 3rd Gen's are becoming even cheaper where the high school kid can afford one. The 4th Gen is where guys are to stay for a bit these days. Not too many up-up 3rd genners anymore as they've moved up to 4th Genners already.It'll be a while before I ever get there. I've had my truck for 40months now and it's only got 9500miles.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:00 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I dont think I will get rid of my truck anytime soon, might buy a new one and keep this one in the garage in a few years and really build it up but thats about all I will do.

Not to mention that a lot of the up-up 3rd gener's have also moved on to other more active forums. or gotten rid of their trucks due to gas eating away at their wallets.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Razorhawg
Veteran

i know im keeping mine til the wheels fall off.. id love a 4th gen for the looks and the power and interior but coil springs for the rear still seem sketchy to me

Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 PM
pitbull24
Veteran

I was kinda laying in the weeds on this one as I'm still considered new here, and try to not speak out of turn, and still live by "If you do not have something nice to say..." Last month's contest sputtered, so I was surprised to see another attempt, but I was for it. This is the only forum I really am active on, and I really enjoy most of the company. This forum seemed to be majority of more 'mature" individuals, not what seemed to be a younger crowd shooting off too much. You all bring good points as to how the forum has evolved, and I see a difference between now and 9 months ago. Lot's of one hit wonders, but everyone has to start somewhere. I guess we can't hold it against those who are excited about an "upgrade" to a 4th gen and move on. As long as attendance isn't dwindling due to lack of support we'll keep on truckin'

Alright, done with my speech, and no i don't need a hug. carry on.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ I wasn't even aware of the TOTM that was held last month?? I even searched the forums as well as Hammers recently updated TOTM month list that does NOT have a winner for last month, which is the initial reason I nom'd you Pitbulll. Then I had to change my nom after I was enlightened that you won last month...haha
The problem is that there is no awareness. Guys used to spread the word like a virus, but lately there's only been visibility as a sticky.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:37 PM
pitbull24
Veteran

Rich,

And Matt correct me if I'm wrong, IIRC, there was no TOTM in April. Matt and I unofficially tied in March with a whopping 13 votes. rambo_006 was running the contest, so I'm not sure if it was documented or not.

Quick Reply: Let's get a Truck Of The Month going shall we??