3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Help AVS headlight covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Ruddigger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help AVS headlight covers

Hi Everyone, I usually am the reader on these forums but I have an issue hopefully someone could help me out with. I'm stuck out of town for work and I need a picture of a set of AVS smoke headlight covers for an 04 Dodge Ram 1500. I had the clip break on one of mine and I'm trying to get them warrantied but they need a picture. I cannot use the generic pics off google and I won't be back in town for a while, so I'm hoping someone here with a set could take a picture with them off the truck and send them or post them. Thanks in advance

Old 05-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Ruddigger
Default Anyone???

Bump!

Old 05-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Matt99
Champion

those are not a great idea. I bought them for my ford. They are way too dark and fog over time, cause the covers and actual lights to heat up ridiculously hot. I had clips break as well, they get fragile from the heat cycles when you drive with lights on and then them cooling down

your best bet is to buy some lamix. Look it up, ebay and other places has it. You can get different shades and it doesnt have a gap to hold in heat. It also can be removed, so its not permanent like painting.

Sorry, no AVS cover pics. So if you are stuck with those and wont change, you are probably out of luck. I have seen one person with them on here

Quick Reply: Help AVS headlight covers