3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Prodigy P2 question...and...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:06 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 168 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Prodigy P2 question...and...

I bought dad the P2 for his birthday. Wasn't even 15 minutes to install it. The hard part, was running the chassis wire. Thanks to a previous thread, I was able to EASILY locate the specific wire i needed to tap. Took 3 hours, but it was done the right way, and works.

Question: When going downhill, since it's accelerometer based, does it apply any kind of "extra" braking, if you're already on the brakes?

Hauling a 3000 pound racecar on a 2000 pound trailer has been fun. But if anybody knows about North Star Dragway, you know about the infamous hill going down to the gate. That hasn't been fun (a solid 200 ft drop at maybe 45 degrees? Or so it feels). On a steep decline like that, if we're already riding the brakes, does it add in any extra voltage?

Oh, and a statement: On the 4th set of tires, still have the 2005 dealer spark plugs. Still gets 18 MPG. I think we're going for a record, here? Can't possibly have any electrodes left.

I'll have to check to make double sure, but I'm pretty sure the ram is between 248 and 252,000 miles....

Last edited by magnethead; 05-07-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Prodigy P2 question...and...