3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Where on this forum can I go to get help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Arkelia Martin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Where on this forum can I go to get help?

ABS, 4x4, speedometer, cruise, odometer not working in 2006 DodgeRam1500 after someone tried finding and replace cig lighter fuse that was out. I really need my truck, can't drive in snow and icy with hill without ABS and 4x4. that was five months ago. error codes say sensor problems, don't think it is true, fuses supposedly in correct places and not blown, battery unhooked and rehooked to try to clear error, that was five months ago. After he created problem he walked away for me to deal with, I can't afford mechanic and I really need my vehicle to be safe to feel comfortable driving. Single mom really needs help!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:23 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps you should read HemiLoneStar's response to the post under your other name...

Old 05-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Arkelia Martin
Default :)

Yes, I had to re-register, new user and could not log back in for some reason.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Matt99
Champion

sounds like TIPM issues to me. For a mere $900 the dealer will give you one. I believe it has to be flashed after install, so more like $1,100. What codes are popping up

Obviously before going strait to the worst thing, go take every fuse out and look at it. You will be able to spot a popped fuse. Its an 06 so there wont be that many fuses, most of the electrical stuff is controlled by the TIPM I just mentioned. If youre lucky it will be a fuse though. Also, make sure fuses are in the right location. There are a ton of empty slots in there and someone might have misplaced one

Last edited by Matt99; 05-07-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:22 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I merged your two accounts into one, you should have no issues logging in.

and it sounds like your "friend" blew out the TIPM, as Matt suggests. NOT a cheap part. Personally, I hate that they went to a TIPM in '06, was a lot easier to troubleshoot and replace a $5 relay like they had the PDC in the '05s and back.

Goto any auto parts store and have them pull the exact code(s), post them up here and we can confirm TIPM or get you pointed in the right direction. Auto parts store will pull the codes for free...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 05-07-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Where on this forum can I go to get help?