3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Engine light issues!!!!! 03 ram 5.7l hemi slt quad cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Rolandjr0424
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine light issues!!!!! 03 ram 5.7l hemi slt quad cab

OK my Engine light keeps haunting me! i've taken it to the shop too may times for it to be on!!! It scans as 440 - EVAP leak! Tech did everything from $30 Dodge gas cap to hours of labor in the shop tracking lines and swapping out parts. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know of how I can avoid getting RAMed by the dealership for $$$$$$$$ they want to charge me $150 just for a damn code scan that'll take 30seconds!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:19 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It's an '03, it's bound to have dry cracking hoses or a rusted broken clamp somewhere in the evap system, especially given that the hoses probably came from china and Chrysler uses the cheesiest clamps I've ever seen.

I've got a EVAP System Map in the FAQ section. Use it and trace the hoses, looking for cracks (usually around an end) or a broken clamp. Most common place is right around the canister.

Hose is under a buck a foot and good quality clamps are about 50 cents at the local auto parts store. Stop paying the dealer to rip you off!!!

Quick Reply: Engine light issues!!!!! 03 ram 5.7l hemi slt quad cab