3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Specific Part Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 08:35 PM
MYater
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Specific Part Search

Ok all I am looking for a couple electrical sockets for the plugs on the back side if the IPM (fuse/relay box) for a 2004 Ram 2500. I have identified 4 different electrical sockets that fit into C1, C5, C6, & C7.

After looking all over the web for a source of new sockets, I have started looking around at the "pick & pulls" around me with no luck. I even bought a couple plugs from other Dodge vehicles that looked simular with no luck once I had them cleaned up and appart. The "pick & pulls" just don't have any 3rd gen trucks in them right now to canibalize. My local Dodge dealership service dept has been closed for the long weekend, and until they have somebody who can help I am stuck using that avenue.

So my question is, "Does anybody have a source for the electrical sockets that fit in the C1, C5, C6, & C7 plugs which go to the back of the Fuse/Relay Box (IPM)?"

Old 05-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/main.asp select the year & Dodge Ram then search for C1 you'll find what your looking for. 05083218AA or 05083219AA or 05083220AA

Not sure how to make a purchase from this site, it does not seem to offer that option on my iPad.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Owensue
Veteran

That site apears to be part of chryslers service network. You can at least use it to font the part # and pinouts.

The same part # is on my 02 so try searching for 02-05 years, not just 04.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:32 AM
MYater
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Owensue
Check out http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/main.asp select the year & Dodge Ram then search for C1 you'll find what your looking for. 05083218AA or 05083219AA or 05083220AA

Not sure how to make a purchase from this site, it does not seem to offer that option on my iPad.
I can't seem to find an option on that site to purchase the connectors either. All I can find is some good info that I also got from the dealership, and a couple possible PNs on the wiring instructions PDF

http://dto.vftis.com/data/mopar/Wiri...11_14_2010.pdf

Not sure that the PNs on that PDF are correct to use on my truck so I am a little hesitant to purchase from Europe. Hopefully I can find a source someplace this week.

If any body else has better info I would love to hear it.

Thanks,
MYater

Last edited by MYater; 05-31-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:35 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Thats the site I was going to suggest when first reading this thread. Other than that the only thing I would do is look on Ebay, forum classifieds or Craigslist for donor parts

Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 PM
MYater1
Smile

Well I found the dealer wanted $70 & $85 for the C7 & C5 plugs with wires and pins, which I could use, but.... I did find another salvage yard that had a 2007 and Found out that that fuse box uses pins that are the same. Got three of the 14 "medium" pins that I wanted from the 2007, and all the large and extra large pins.

I think I will take a look at some of the other salvage yards for same year vehicles and see if the pins match up to get the remaining 11 "medium pins I want.

Either way, my relay and fuse for the On Board Air system now goes through the IPM instead of mounted in some off the wall location.

Thanks all for the help with the pins and the WDs/service manuals.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Owensue
Veteran

You can compare the connectors and pinouts at the site I posted, no need to go anywhere.

Quick Reply: Specific Part Search