3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

rough country 4" and 6" questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:24 AM
hemihawkeye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough country 4" and 6" questions

hoping to get some answers... looking into lifting my 07 QC 4x4 with either a 4" or 6" rough country lift. heard bad things about going 6 but would truthfully like more then 4. imo an ideal size would be 5" but haven't found a lift for my year that size. my question is, does anyone know if the 4" actually lifts the front 4"? since i've heard numerous times that the roughcountry 6" only lifts it about 5 or 5.5 inches, would seem to make sense that the 4 would come up a little short also. dont really want it if its not a full 4" and might as well do the 6" since it would be closer to 5 that i find ideal. fyi i will never use a leveling kit + BL to get the 5. have talked to a few mechanics that swear against leveling kits. any valuable info would be appreciated.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:22 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do a 4 inch and a 3 body lift. Nice on your cv's and plenty of clearance.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 PM
hemihawkeye

thats what i've been thinking. think i'll start with the 4" suspension and if its not enough then later on i'll add a body lift. trying to keep it simple/practical for now with a 3 year old, one on the way and a short wife to top it off

Old 06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep, OE is spot on. The strongest setup you can have on an IFS truck is a suspension/body lift combo...

Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 AM
hemihawkeye

thanks for the advice oe and hammer. not sure about the body lift yet but will be ordering the rc lift real soon so i can get my new rims and tires on. i'll wait to see how it sits and go from there.

Quick Reply: rough country 4" and 6" questions