3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Transmission slipping?? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Stpete28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Transmission slipping?? Help!

Hello all! First let me say Im new to this forum and this is my first thread, but Ive been kind of sneeking around and reading post. This is a great forum!

Ok, now on to my problem. I was driving home today and was going up a slight hill and had to give it some gas to keep speed ( around 35 or so ). The engine revved and sounded healthy, but I wasnt going any faster. Not a mile per hour more. After 3-4 seconds of this it kicked in and the truck jerked just a bit and got to the speed I was needing. Checked the Tranny fluid and its full. This has done this before, about a week ago. Like any one in this situation Im thinking the worst, transmission rebuild! If any one can help me narrow the problem down before I have to take it to the shop, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ram 2500 4x4
55K miles
Owned vehicle for about 3 months

Thanks all!

Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 PM
xjfever
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try changing both filters and the fluid first before taking it into a shop. Unless it is still under warranty, then I would take it in and have them fix it.

Quick Reply: Transmission slipping?? Help!