3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Transmission flush question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Davidaltman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Transmission flush question

Hey y'all I haven't had any trouble with my transmission, but I noticed that it was downshifting a little hard now and then so I had a friend of my wife, who is a mechanic, perform a transmission flush. He told me it would be better to buy the fluid at a dealership so luckily I have a friend who works in the parts department at a dealer and he told me it would take 16 quarts to flush and refill the transmission. Well when I got my truck back I was informed by the mechanic that I purchased too much tranny fluid and he only used 8 qts. Could one of you let me know what I should do, because if it takes 12 quarts to fill it up and 16 to do the whole job, then I feel like I got ripped off because I didn't get the extra 2 gallons back. They run about $34 each. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:47 PM
luckydt
Veteran

Sounds like they did a pan and filter drop only. At this point not much you can do other than leave it or bite the bullet and do a full flush yourself or pay someone to do it.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:05 AM
pitbull24
Veteran

Originally Posted by luckydt
Sounds like they did a pan and filter drop only. At this point not much you can do other than leave it or bite the bullet and do a full flush yourself or pay someone to do it.
I agree. Why can't you return the unused quarts? Or why didn't your mechanic friend give them back to you?

Quick Reply: Transmission flush question