3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Manual Seat Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 PM
forever1948
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Manual Seat Conversion

Hi All - I am a new Dodge Ram owner and I'm loving it. Just recently purchased a 2004 Ram, Quad Cab, 5.7L Hemi. I have found these forums to be a great resource for all things Dodge. I do have a question. My Ram has manual seats and that's the one thing I don't like about the truck. Is it possible to convert them to power seat? I have done some preliminary research into the matter and it looks as if it can be done with the little complictions. Has there been a DIY posted on this? I looked with no success. Here are my main questions:
  • Do I need to run a new power source to the seat or can I splice into the seat belt wire?
  • Do I need to purchase a whole new seat and track assembly or can I just get the track assenbly and attach my seat to it?
  • Will the track assembly's bolt holes line up with my exiting boly holes?
If I am not thinking of anything important, please let me know. I am not a gear head but I can do some moderate wrenching.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:23 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll likely find the seat belt wire is just a switch. If it has power, it likely won't carry enough current. Almost assured the mounting holes are the same. Can't imagine why they'd be different. For a guess, I'd say you could attach the existing seat to a track assembly. You'll need to get a relay for the fuse panel and hope there is wiring. There probably is - wire is cheap. Is there an unused wire harness under the seat?

All that said, sound like it's not worth the hassle. Scout the local pic 'n' pulls to see what you can find.

Quick Reply: Manual Seat Conversion