3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Inspections

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 AM
boopadoopa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Inspections

So my truck failed the States Annual Inspection yesterday...... But it passed the emissions part. Seems my Rotors are too thin.. I'm so sick of the yearly inspections.. Yea I understand they are good but every year its something else wrong you have to fix to satisfy them... Saturday I spent a few hours going over the truck.. Checking all the brake pads, Lubing the caliper slides , Checking lights, Fluid levels, emergency brakes and cables and then to be told my rotors are too thin??? The tech said to me I should have known they were thinning as there should be a pulsating of my Pedal? Ahhh No everything was fine? Oh Yea the rotors were new October 2010 and only have 14000 miles on them??? Thin my a$$$ . Last years FAIL was the wipers made streaks on the windows? Incredible HUH and both my 3rd brake light bulbs were out? Funny they worked in the parking lot but light bulbs are funny one minute they are fine the next they are out? Oh Yea they said they could replace them to pass so i said go Ahead.. 2 bulbs $10 and to install them $14 I found out when it was time to pay... $14 ????? I said $14 dollars? they said Yea its $7 dollars per bulb labor to replace? In the third brake light? 2 screws and 1 lens? ripoffs... I guess Ill have to find another place to take for the inspection... Im sure the rotors are not too thin and am getting a micrometer to check them myself. Before I go get new rotors again???? Sorry for the rant But im not real happy

Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 AM
boopadoopa
Professional

Does anyone know the specifications for rotors on our Rams? Thickness new? Minimum thickness? Or where can I find this information? Ive been Googling with no real luck

Old 08-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

I am not sure where you could find that, but our rotors for our trucks are pretty dinky in size considering its a half ton truck. Glad I live in Indiana where no one cares about safety.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 PM
freestyledude
Captain

I know Alberta used vehicle inspections vary greatly depending on the shop. Some shops will bend you over and others will sign off on a case of beer. Find a reputable shop, it helps to have connections in the industry

And by reputable I mean the beer shops

Last edited by freestyledude; 08-17-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:11 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The numbers are stamped on the rotors, but I don't remember what they are. Glad Florida doesn't have that nonsense any more.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:03 PM
xjfever
Professional

Move to georgia, here you could drive without rotors and no one would care. I see some stuff on the road that makes me cringe wondering how far they will get before enough stuff finally falls off that the can't go anymore.

Quick Reply: Inspections