3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Tonneau Cover Opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 PM
hyperjay
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have and ACCESS LITERIDER on mine, and love it. Fairly well priced. Rolls and unrolls in the cold Wisconsin winters, and seals very well. I also like that it doesn't cover the bed rails, so the pockets can still be used even with the cover attached. Also works well to allow my 9yr old to wash the top of the cab.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Rammin It
Amateur

I've been looking at Diamondback covers. They aren't alot more than a good cover costs,and they make several types. The HD style actually holds 1600 lbs.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the cost... Iirc it as about 800$ in 2008. Not sure what they are now. Snow is a bit of a callenge, but I can always open the tailgate regardless.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
CanadianTrucker

Originally Posted by 02dodgeram5.9
Man all you guys go for the high dollar tonneaus..didnt know that some of those cost that much..i like the retractable but cant justify the use of them..also, dont they freeze up in the winter time?
Mine's not retractable, but it's quite inexpensive at $350+tax. When it's installed you can still open and close the tailgate without having to undo the tailgate, and I have had up to 2 feet of snow on top of the cover and it has never buckled. Also, since there are no snaps or rolling parts, ice and snow don't affect it and you can just beat it with a snowbrush and wipe it off and you're good to go. The supports are also built right into the tonneau, and the cover has a 10 year warranty and the frame has a lifetime warranty. For the money, quality and it's versatility, I love it.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:37 PM
CanadianRam15

Thanks CanadianTrucker, I live in Alberta, so that is good news on the winter durability!

Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 PM
cjs4444
All Star

Peragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
I have the Retrax on my truck and wouldn't own a truck without it. Its secure, solid, and non-invasive in your bed space compared to other options. It looks good too! I've got it on my second Ram and it cleans up nice.
that's what i wanted, but a few of my friends commented on how it freezes up when snow/ice gets ontop of it.
Also, for the price....$1300, I'll pass. It's got it's perks but also flaws.

I decided to buy the Peragon Tonneau cover. It retracts, it all aluminum and is powdercoated. It's very easy to install and the price can't be beat!! $600 shipped.
HERE is my thread for install

Old 04-30-2012, 10:23 AM
hillbilli
Veteran

For the most water proof, go with a hard cover. But if you use your truck as a truck, a soft rollup cant be beat. You can still haul oversized items in the bed and keep other smaller things out of the elements when its covered. The retractible ones are pretty good, but i would only consider on a lwb with 8ft bed, thats alot of space taken up on an already short, short bed. Ive had a literider and i have a lorado on now, nearly identicle and are perfect for what i need. No complaints even on the coldest of days in ND.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:05 PM
02dodgeram5.9
Professional

I ended up goin with the Access Lorado Cover, which is what i had on my last truck..ive had it on now for about 3 months and it has not leaked a drop of water yet in the bed..(Knock on wood lol) i am very happy with Access and always have been..they have made a few minor changes on the cover as well..and also, if i ever want to use the full length of my bed i just roll it up..no need to take off the cover or anything..so just thought i would let you know what i ended up getting and my opinion on the product.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover Opinion?