3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Leveling....spacers or springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Silver Bastard
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling....spacers or springs?

Question for anybody running a leveling system on 2wd Ram 1500.
I am looking into leveling my Ram and need to know if you guys are runnung a spacer or aftermarket springs? I have seen the rough country leveling springs and they advertise stock ride quality but not sure if that is true.
What are you guys running and what are the results?

Old 09-08-2011, 09:35 PM
the_ocho
Rookie

My 02 had stock springs with 1.5in spacers when i bought it and i swapped them out with rough country 3in springs and i gained about 1in of lift from the swap but do run into the UCA hitting the bucket problem that is so well known. ride is a bit stiffer than than stock with spacers but it isnt bad at all. id say get the springs. i was able to get over 100 bucks selling my stock coils too witch was a nice help offsetting the price of new coils .

another though is buy spindles. i think its a better option than replacing coils. it maintains factor ride and shock length so no uca hitting. i would have gone this route if i didn't want coils and spindles like i have

Sig pic is rough country 3in sitting on 35" tires for reference

Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

While they're more expensive than spacers or springs, I have to agree that the spindles are a better option for the 4x2.

Quick Reply: Leveling....spacers or springs?