3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

SiverStar ZXE Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 AM
R-TICAT
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SiverStar ZXE Headlights

Has anyone tried these? Are they better than Ultras?

Old 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Matt99
Champion

I was wondering the same thing. They have a $10 off coupon right now

Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

I saw that coupon the other day. I was looking at them in the store. It says right on the box that "due to the high performance nature of these lights, longevity may be lees than stock" or something like that. They have a 1 year warrenty. I dont know if i can justify spending 60 bucks on some lights, only to have them burn out quickly.

I would like to get something brighter than stock though. I had HIDs on my mustang and they were awesome. Did have alot of problems with ballasts and bulbs burning out though. Bad part is that you cant run to the locak pepboys and get new ones either.

How good are the Silverstar Ultras anyways? I would have to change both the headlights and fogs becuase I think it looks terrible if they are two different colors.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
R-TICAT
Amateur

Originally Posted by Rio94gt
I saw that coupon the other day. I was looking at them in the store. It says right on the box that "due to the high performance nature of these lights, longevity may be lees than stock" or something like that. They have a 1 year warrenty. I dont know if i can justify spending 60 bucks on some lights, only to have them burn out quickly.

I would like to get something brighter than stock though. I had HIDs on my mustang and they were awesome. Did have alot of problems with ballasts and bulbs burning out though. Bad part is that you cant run to the locak pepboys and get new ones either.

How good are the Silverstar Ultras anyways? I would have to change both the headlights and fogs becuase I think it looks terrible if they are two different colors.
I put the Ultra's in my Sebring and they are definitely whiter...not sure they are that much brighter, though.
That's why I was wondering about the ZXE's. They say on the package that they are the brightest allowed by law.

Last edited by R-TICAT; 10-13-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Matt99
Champion

Generally, the brighter the bulb the shorter the life. I didn't want to put HIDs on my new truck but you will shell out $120/year for both sets and in two years the HIDs would pay for themselves

Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

I don't think they make the zxe in an H13 bulb yet anyway. This is the low beam bulb for rams correct?

They do make a 9006 for the fogs.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 PM
wrenchin4alivin
Thumbs up Headlight

It should be a 9007

Quick Reply: SiverStar ZXE Headlights