3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New pics (20s with mickey thompson atz, 2" spacers, dual exhaust, nerf bars)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 04:58 PM
T_Visk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New pics (20s with mickey thompson atz, 2" spacers, dual exhaust, nerf bars)

I found some used "flower petal wheels" on Mickey thompson atz M/T with sidebiter, size 325/50R20. They rub even with the 2" spacers, I put in a 2" over the spring lift and the tire wouldn't turn left or right very much or in rotation. Anybody have this problem?? A pic of the lift I got is in the pictures below. Lemme know what you guys think of everything! Thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rest of pictures at imageshack link in an album.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
http://imageshack.us/g/444/photo8iqai.jpg/

Last edited by T_Visk; 10-28-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:16 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

WOW that's basically a 33" x 13" tire. That's WIDE for a coil over IFS truck! I don't think the spacers are enough with the stock wheels. When you say "spacers" are you talking coil spacers or wheel spacers? Cause coil spacers will do NOTHING for the tire width. I'm thinking you'll need wheel spacers AND probably even a better offset wheel to get full lock. At the minimum you'll need a wheel with about 4.25"-4.5" of backspacing to not hit.

But on the positive side, I LOVE the tire choice... ATZ is one of my favorite All-Terrain tires on the market. I have a buddy with them on his Z71 and he's about to hit 80,000 miles with them...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 10-28-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:26 PM
T_Visk
Rookie

I have 2" wheel spacers on already and I barely rub on the plastic inside the wheel well. I can avoid it most the time. The tires were used so who knows how many miles are on them but if you look in the link to the album, there seems to be a lot of tread left. I also have 2" coil spacers and that's where the problem is. It won't turn barely at all it hits the spring without the wheel on it at all when it's jacked up.. I made another thread specifically about this issue. Ya the tire is wide!! I love it, kinda scared/excited for snow. I'm thinking of maybe trying to lower the rear instead of raising the front if the coil spacers won't work. I just want it to look flat. Maybe just throw some weight in the bed, IDK YET. Ideas would be nice!

For the truck in the future.. I plan to paint the wheels black and bottom 5 inches of the truck or so with some undercoating material.. it's starting to surface rust slightly. Any other ideas would be sweet.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:40 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran

Any vibration with those spacers? Are they hub centric and where did you get them from? Im looking to get spacers as well,

Old 10-29-2011, 01:54 PM
T_Visk
Rookie

I'm not sure, I paid $150 used for them on craigslist. I threw them on at the guys house and didn't see a brand or anything. They were practically brand new. It's not "shaky".. just kinda pulls sometimes but I think that's the wide tires.

Quick Reply: New pics (20s with mickey thompson atz, 2" spacers, dual exhaust, nerf bars)