3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bought the SUPCHIPS 3865, have a few Q's:

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought the SUPCHIPS 3865, have a few Q's:

I ordered the 3865 and its coming in today, a few newbie questions:

1. It shows on the SUPERCHIPS website (4) different levels, TOW, 87, 91 and MILEAGE. Whats the difference between each level? As far as HP and fuel requirements?

2. Is this just a simple plug and play?

3. If I run (91 level), does that mean there cant be any 89 octane in the tank? So it tank needs to be close to empty? 91 octane just means MIN, ill be putting 93 in it.

4. What octane am I supposed to be running in the TOW and MILEAGE LEVELS?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 PM
ron333
Captain

1) Each programming stage will indicate what octane to use during the programming process.
2) Pretty much P&P; you'll have to do the "key on / key off" sequencing, but it is all very self explanatory. Simply follow the on-screen directions closely and it's a piece of cake.
3) Make sure that at least 3/4 of the fuel in the tank is 91 or higher and it should be fine. For example, if you mix 5 gallons of 87 with 15 gallons of 91, you end up with 90. If you mix in 93 instead of 91, even better, but 91 will work.
4) Tow requires 91 i believe, and the mileage program I'm not sure, but again, it will tell you during the programming process.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:39 AM
DodgEclectic
Amateur

I am still getting used to my superchip, but I have found that it is super easy to go back to your default settings or switch between economy and "waste gas" modes. But one feature that I have not tried yet that i should is the one where you can actually go in and set your chip to your tire size, fuel, etc. I would say that if you have any more questions then just ask them on here or hit up the superchips sticky. there is a ton of info on there and help in, if you can find it.

Have fun with the chip! i love mine.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:25 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran

btw, is it OK to run 93 octane for a short period of time STOCK? w/o the superchip? I ran the gas tank to 30miles to empty and put about 8 gallons on 93 OCTANE but didnt hook up the chip yet, is that OK, will it hurt if I run 93?

Old 12-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by vikingdiesel
btw, is it OK to run 93 octane for a short period of time STOCK? w/o the superchip? I ran the gas tank to 30miles to empty and put about 8 gallons on 93 OCTANE but didnt hook up the chip yet, is that OK, will it hurt if I run 93?
Running the higher octane fuel won't hurt your engine, but it doesn't do you any good either without the programming; just a waste of money.

Quick Reply: Bought the SUPCHIPS 3865, have a few Q's: