3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dammit. Just wrote a bunch and lost it because my internet sucks. It's midnight, and I'll go over it again, tomorrow. Short answer, roughly 20,000... give or take. I know that Pro Comp changed their rubber compound around the time I bought these, I recall reading. Nice and soft and grippy at first, but progressively harder as it wore down. This is how they were able to offer such high mileage guarantees, if everything I've found through the power of Google is gospel. Perhaps your friend had a previous compound that was softer all the way down?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Catchin Zs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Yeah I really want a set, my only "problem" is my damn FCIIs are wearing so well. My last Mickey Thompson/Dick Cepek tires were Mickey MTXs and they had 68k on them, still had a good 20k of good tread on them when I traded in the truck. It's looking like my current FCIIs are gonna wear equally as well, if not even better!!!

When I put these on, I had just gotten divorced and the ex took her Grand Cherokee with her, making my truck my 100% driver. I needed a good road tread AND something that I could hunt/fish/camp with - and I hog hunt in some pretty nasty sh*t. The hybrid FCIIs have been perfect - BUT I now have my own Grand Cherokee - a V8 4x4 as my daily driver (take that b*tch, LOL) so my truck is not needed for daily /highway use nearly as much. I have Nitto Terra Grapps on the Jeep, so I would love to go even more aggressive than the FCIIs on the truck.

I don't have the $ to basically scrap perfect tires to replace them...
Go for it, you could try and sell the FCIIs, use craigslist as your friend. You deserve some gnarly m/t's for Christmas buddy.

Quick Reply: Tire suggestions