3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

specter CAI

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Eisengott
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx for the feedback lxman.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:08 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We might be on to something here. A plastic intake won't heat soak the IAT sensor like a metal one will. The actual air temps won't differ but the sensor's condition will.

I run an IAT resistor along with the tuner with no negative results. I run 93 octane all the time though. At maybe 2 tanks a month it doesn't cost much more.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:54 PM
bleachcola
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tricking a sensor into making your motor run richer
is just going to make fill ups more frequent.

anyone remember the KN and mopar branded KN plastic intakes for the 5.2 5.9 magnums ? people had them replaced by KN half a dozen times bc they cracked around the top where the bolt tightens down.

anyone remember the KN and molar branded KN plastic intakes for the 5.2 5.9 magnums ? people had them replaced by KN half a dozen times bc they cracked around the top where the bolt tightens down. I would not run plastic again after that, and nothing filters better than stock . I wish I could run my stock filter on my powerstoke but the turbos suck in the filter minder past 45psi and breaks apart near 60psi.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:05 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Tricking the IAT sensor with something like the Power Wire has to do with open loop versus closed loop and how and when the PCM reads or ignores the front O2s. It doesn't work constantly and again it depends on open loop or closed loop.

The CAIs I make it can guarantee won't crack or break. I won't speak for any other company.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:56 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The IAT resistor also eeks out a little more timing which is supported by the 93 octane with no problems. I know it's costing me gas mileage but I don't care.

Do the Powerstroke guys still use the big blue filter? It worked well on the old 7.3 and was found at any Napa.

Quick Reply: specter CAI