3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

trailor lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:37 PM
rideon20z
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailor lights

ok so i hooked up a trailor plugged it all in thought i was good to go my truck is pre wired , turned lights on , NO running lights , No passenger light at all brakes turn running , only driver brake and turn , hooked up trailor to another truck all worked fine ???? any sugestions ? let me know thanks guys

Old 12-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

It seems a lot of times "pre-wired" on these trucks just means the connectors are there and most of the wire is placed LOL. Mine came with the tow package and required some additional work just to have the flat four plug work correctly. First thing is first, check all the fuses. There should be separate fuses for the trailer lighting.

* oh, are you using the 7 pin round connector or the flat 4 connector. It's likely just a fuse that blew for the passenger side tow lights. After you get that side working, check the lights again, if you have brake, turn, and park lights on both sides you're good to go!
If you are not getting the park OR the brake light function on both sides let me know, - you'll need a 3 lamp to 2 lamp adapter, I had to get mine at a u-haul place.

Last edited by Caseys-dodge; 12-09-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:35 AM
rideon20z
Veteran

i tried the 7 pin and the 4 pin flat one same thing on both . no running no passanger one brake and turn on driver , so i will have to check fuses and go from there thanks !!!

Quick Reply: trailor lights