3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Stock radio clock runs fast

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock radio clock runs fast

I have the stock radio with single CD player and tape deck. The clock always runs fast for some reason. Within a month it will be 4-5 minutes fast (I may be slightly OCD with keeping clocks synchronized). It has nothing to do with the truck's battery because this is the 3rd battery that's been installed.
It's not that big of a deal, but I just wonder if I have the only faulty radio unit or if anyone else has the same issue.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Interesting. The clock in my wife's '10 Jeep JK actually LOSES about 5 minutes a month. Kind of a pain in the **** when I've got a 15 minute window that I can drop my kid off in the morning and the clock is wrong!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine has gained approximately 4 minutes a month since the day I bought the thing new way back in April of '04. I'm forever resetting it off my cell phone.

Interestingly, the aftermarket (Alpine) in my Jeep losses about a minute a month. I usually only adjust it at spring/fall time change...

Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well at least it's not just mine LOL. It is the first vehicle I've had that has done it though and it drives me crazy.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:15 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I wasn't thinking - Duh! Not a stock unit, actually one of my 1st mods done within 2 weeks of buying the truck, it's a Sony deck. I didn't have the stock one in long enough to know how it kept time...

Quick Reply: Stock radio clock runs fast