3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Fog light HID projectors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:50 AM
boxerguy84
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light HID projectors?

Does anyone know who makes fog light projectors that can be retrofitted into our stock housings? Looking for one that can handle a 55watt setup. Thanks a lot.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:06 AM
mudkicker7812
Amateur

A little criticism.... Why ?????? I am a professional driver and when people are behind me with HID's blaring in my big *** f-ing mirrors it makes me wonder why in gods name haven't they been outlawed yet. A study I made shows most road rage incidents involve high-beaming people after dark. HID's are far worse than high beams when there in low beam's. cant you just get a set of Sylvania platinum's instead!?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
boxerguy84
Rookie

Originally Posted by mudkicker7812
A little criticism.... Why ?????? I am a professional driver and when people are behind me with HID's blaring in my big *** f-ing mirrors it makes me wonder why in gods name haven't they been outlawed yet. A study I made shows most road rage incidents involve high-beaming people after dark. HID's are far worse than high beams when there in low beam's. cant you just get a set of Sylvania platinum's instead!?
Well the whole point of wanting to retrofit the HID projectors in my fog light enclosures is to prevent the issue you pointed out. My truck is not lifted and the projectors have a very sharp cutoff, plus they will be aimed down towards the ground since they are fogs.

I found one set of fog projectors - Blazers from theretrofitsource.com - but they are listed as 35watt and the hid conversion kits I ordered are 55watt. I'm no expert but that does mean my kits are incompatible with those projectors right?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Blacksport
Captain

Originally Posted by mudkicker7812
Well, they can't be that bad if almost every major manufacturer are putting them in vehicles

Quick Reply: Fog light HID projectors?