3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

69 dollar chip

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:17 PM
theice
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 69 dollar chip

just wondering if anyone has used these chips seem to good to be true here is the link

https://www.gfchips.com/

Old 12-21-2011, 11:43 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure it's good -- for their bank account. They have a 69-cent resistor in there and sell it to you for 100 times their cost. Anyone that claims a 14.7:1 AFR is ideal for power is an idiot to begin with, and advancing timing at that mixture is downright crazy. All that and 4-7 more mpg? Sure, why not just promise to make your car fly too.

There's a reason we all drop hundreds of dollars on a tuner, and it isn't because we've never heard of these things. They've been around for years and all they do is go inline with your air temp sensor to fool it. The "power wire" does the same thing and you can make your own for $1 in RadioShack parts.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:04 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You should read the reviews of this thing, a wide range of CELs popping up to actual MPG losses of 3-4 mpg with it installed. How have they continued to be able to sell the thing and make such outlandish boasts without getting shut down?

They are preying on the naive with their ads. A good buddy of mine got one for his birthday from his wife not long ago, he didn't have the heart to tell her it was a POS. Never hooked it up, but told her he did...

Old 12-22-2011, 10:37 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you just wanna give someone $69 I would be more than willing to take it lol yea they are a complete was of money I noticed one on a friends truck when he bought it and tried to get him to take it off but he don't believe me and thinks its a factory part

Quick Reply: 69 dollar chip