3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

How is your ride quality???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tend to find half tons to be verry floaty, light, bouncey with ride, as I own A 3/4 ton I'm used to a truck ride close to a lumber wagon, Tires really can improve ride quality, with my nittos I have now, my lumber wagons handels like a sporty er lumber wagon ( seat foam fabric gone in the seat ) and really has a smooth caddly ride with out the boaty feel, ridding in my truck will not give the impression your in a 3/4 ton, and handeling is up to where no 3/4 was designed to do.i.

( ok sorry bad grammer, but it may get a laugh)

I'm cursed with rocks getting caught betwean the rim and calipur, when next at a pressure wash, spary down the springs, shocks, bump stops, cheap way to insure no vibs in the suspension.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:25 PM
atlaticblueram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar vibration issue and found that one of the tires had a bad belt in it. Once i replaced that tire the vibration went away. Where is the vibration fel the most i through the seat or through the steering wheel?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive got balancing beads in my tires and it helps but with a 9" susp lift with 3" more in a body lift plus 24" rims and 36" tires it is a rough ride at times.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:45 AM
foradrive
Default As to ride quality...

I have a '07 1500 4x4 QC 5.7 with 20" wheels and it has pretty much always had a very slight vibration you felt in the seat of your pants. Tire rotations never helped, nor did tire balancing. The original Goodyears on the front eventually started cupping, so I put new Sensatrac struts on it as well as rear shocks, and new tie rod ends. No real change in the vibration, but it did handle a little better. Then I put a set of Michelin LTX ms2's on it. The vibration all but went away. MUCH better. But it is a truck, and it rides like a truck - pretty harsh compared to a car.
My dad has an '05 Ford F150, and it rides very much the same as my Ram. But I can kick its a**! I love my truck.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:16 AM
bigdaddyII
Captain

There is no such thing as a smooth road in south Louisiana, but for the most part my truck rides like I would expect from a truck. Its not the worst ride I have ever had in a truck, but overall I am happy. I do get a lot of comments that it rides pretty smooth. For the most part it rides better then my previous 97 single cab F150, but rougher then my wifes 05 F150.

I get weird vibrations at times as well. The one that sticks out the most is in a convenience store parking lot that I frequent. In the first entrance, as soon as the rear wheels hit the parking lot it will vibrate all the way to where I park. My truck is the only one that does this. I have driven my wifes truck, my little brothers, and 2 company trucks the exact same route and speed and none of these have done it. My truck has done this from the day after I bought it, and maintained it through the 2" level, new Rancho 5000s, and Nittos. Other vibes on the road I attribute to the Ranchos and they always happen after hitting a bump or road variation for a couple seconds.

Quick Reply: How is your ride quality???