3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My exhaust delema

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Senomar_DTK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My exhaust delema

I did some searching and didn't really find what I was looking for specifically what exhaust system would be good for my 2007 4.7.

For some reason some websites say that magnaflow and others wont fit my truck but I have read that some guys run them. Does it matter that they say there for a 5.7?

Magnaflow seems to be pretty good and I just want a single system runs how the stock system does. Flowmasters seem a little cheaper but I've heard they rust easy and I want something that will last and do me some good.

What are you guys running and suggest?

Old 02-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Razorhawg
Veteran

in mine ive ran a flowmaster 40 out of the stock pipe didnt think it was loud enough so i hacked it off and ran no muffler dumped underneath the truck it was silly loud in the cab so i decided to run flowmaster with a y pipe out the back and thats the way it sits now i wouldnt change a thing its perfect in sound extremely loud outside and just the right sound inside the whole rust issue all depends where you live i live in arkansas and have had flowmasters on each one of my trucks and have never had one that actually rusted more than normal

Old 02-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

I agree with the guy above me it depends where you live as I live in Nebraska and winters can be bad and so they use salt with sand on roads so that salt with rust a lot of things including muffler/exhaust however I have just ordered flowmaster super 40 for my truck after I heard a friends and he has had his flowmasters for awhile and still good even through the winters here.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You can make pretty much any length muffler fit by either cutting some pipe or adding some. When I removed my Flowmaster 50 in favor of my Cherry Bomb Extreme, the CB was a good bit shorter. Picked up a 12" extension at Advance and cut it to the 7" I needed. Nice thing about the extensions are that they are flanged on one side to fit right over the existing pipe making welding or clamping a breeze...

Old 02-26-2012, 04:48 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, you have to remember the 3.7/4.7/5.7 are all the same truck just different engines. So if a Magnaflow fits a 5.7it will fit others also

Quick Reply: My exhaust delema