3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Finally made up my mind on 35's..

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:56 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

There is not much difference between the Toyos and Nittos, as a matter of fact, Toyo owns Nitto. Nitto was originally setup so that the plants could run 24/7 to make them more efficient and the company could pump out more product.

Nitto was setup as a lower price alternative to Toyo, so they wouldn't have to drop price on Toyo tires (which in a lot of cases, hurts a companies reputation). Problem for the consumer now is that the Nittos became so popular, that they have basically jumped the price of the Nitto tires right up there among what the Toyos sell for.

A few years ago when I put the 32" Terra Grapplers on my Jeep, I paid $127 per tire. Good luck finding them for anywhere near that now...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 02-14-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Devils_Advocate
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctodus
When running around town, I run at 45psi, my tires are rated "E" so they can run a little stiff. When on long trips, I air up to 55 psi for better mileage and the highways are smoother than city roads. I think you will like these tires and like you, it was a toss up between these and the Toyos.
Cool.. I am running them at 50 right now, and I have taken a freeway drive, and around town with plenty of washboard roads that felt like the truck should skate off of, but it held its ground. My pro comps were e rated so I wasn't to concerned when these were.. I think that might be the fact why my procomps lasted so long!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Devils_Advocate
Amateur

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
There is not much difference between the Toyos and Nittos, as a matter of fact, Toyo owns Nitto. Nitto was originally setup so that the plants could run 24/7 to make them more efficient and the company could pump out more product.

Nitto was setup as a lower price alternative to Toyo, so they wouldn't have to drop price on Toyo tires (which in a lot of cases, hurts a companies reputation). Problem for the consumer now is that the Nittos became so popular, that they have basically jumped the price of the Nitto tires right up there among what the Toyos sell for.

A few years ago when I put the 32" Terra Grapplers on my Jeep, I paid $127 per tire. Good luck finding them for anywhere near that now...
I thought I heard they were together. My friend has the toyos on his 2500, and these trails were in stock so ultimately that is why I got these. Because I didn't want to order tires and wait any longer.

I bought some Terra's for my ranger the year they came on the market, and they sure did go up in price when people realized they were good tires!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

I also have the Trail Grapplers(295/70/17). Love them and honestly the next set I get I will be getting the same size as you. I usually run the tires at 50 psi all the way around.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Devils_Advocate
Amateur

Originally Posted by Marklorenzo
I also have the Trail Grapplers(295/70/17). Love them and honestly the next set I get I will be getting the same size as you. I usually run the tires at 50 psi all the way around.
awesome . I do love the rims on your truck !

Quick Reply: Finally made up my mind on 35's..