3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tire Repair and Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Best mud tire on street?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:01 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I'm jumping in this now. No offense to anyone but I cannot stand bfg all terrains. Their tread reminds me of brains... lol I've never owned them, but I think they look too skinny and really dislike the tread. As for hankooks, they are on my truck now. They've been on the truck since i bought it from a used car dealer. Idk how long they were on the truck, because it was repossesed, but I bought the truck at 28k miles and now I'm at about 45k. I have seen no wear until the past month due to my retarded "showing off". Btw my showing off consists of peeling out and doing do-nuts in a parking lot and racing my friend's mustang gt- I don't win . Anyway, the hankook all terrains are awesome. I've never been stuck in the mud, and trust me I've been in mud 3/4 up the tires.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

I just want to change things up.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed Hammer, its all opinion, and in fact my last BFG's were on my 2001 F350 diesel and they again did a fantastic job. No belt separation, did awesome in the mud, sand and snow, and it was in the snow where it meant the difference between me, my wife and kids spending the night on the side of the road in the snow or in a warm cabin.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Boo Radley
Professional

bfg tires can be hit and miss as can goodyears. hankooks arent bad but i would rather not send all my money to china and korea. i read where hammer said in a post that firestone was a japanese company and i was about to call him crazy but looked into and they are owned by bridgestone who i thought was american too but they are japanese.

i always had good luck with coopers and was happy when they bought mickey thompson and dick cepek so they stayed american. mickey thompson and cepek have always been a top off road performer but they just cost so much. i guess if they last at least 33% longer than the average off road tire then they are probably a better buy but you still have to come up with the extra cash to buy them. my father in law just put cooper at3 on his 05 ram and they are a pretty aggressive all terrain tire. i may be putting a set on my 09 soon.

Last edited by Boo Radley; 03-01-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Best mud tire on street?