3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Warning: Tunepartspro.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning: Tunepartspro.com

Ordered a superchips 3865 from these guys because they had a good price $284.69 shipped. Ordered 3 days ago, still has yet to ship, company won't respond to emails, phonecalls, or voicemails. I sent a final email telling them to cancel my order. If I get charged I will dispute it with my bank. Completely non-existant customer service. Just a heads up for any guys looking for a tuner and come across their cheap price, don't bite. There's a guy on ebay right now actually selling them for the standard $339 pricetag that seems to be the norm, but he offers free overnight air shipping. Good deal imo.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up. The internet is FILLED with companies who get fairly elaborate websites and list tons of items leading you to believe that they must be very large and well run companies. The reality is a good deal of them are not companies at all. Just one person who has no inventory at all. They simply are a middle man and drop ship everything. I just dealt with this nonsense this week when trying to find a Shelf-It for my truck. I called EVERY SINGLE online dealer who listed it. 8 of them. Of the 8, one of them even listed it as IN STOCK. Not a single company had it in stock and every single company said "It's a drop ship item".

Your likley not getting a response because your dealing with a "Company" that is one person who is busy playing video games or out spending money.

I have a buddy who had a web site that was selling car stereos and install items for them. His website was great. He not only listed whether an item was in stock, he even listed quantities. And he had e-mail and phone numbers for Orders and Customer service. He had an automated directory when you called the number where you could choose departments. Regular customers, commerical accounts, Accounts Payable, Shipping, Customer Service, a tech line too. But the reality was he had NOTHING in stock. He was simply drop shipping everything and his "company" had only one employee, Him. It was all run from his den. His wife would occasionaly handle checking order status on the phone but everything else was just him. But nobody knew otherwise.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Bad03Dodge

So glad i seen this post.......been shopping around for a smarty tuner and found it for a great price on this website but the site looked fishy....no adds like all major sites have......real simple or cheap looking with explainations copied and pasted from another site.

Thanks for learning the hard way for the rest of us!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

like i said I think the best you will find is $339 most places free shipping. There's a dude on ebay offering the same price with free 1 day shipping. They never charged my account, and I sent an email to cancel that order. He best cancel it. Been monitoring my bank account and the second tunepartspro hits me with a charge i'm calling the bank.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Silver Bastard
Rookie

Just a heads up Pep Boys has the Superchips Flashpaq for $299.00 plus tax of course and you can pick it up and start using it same day!

Waiting for the delivery drives me nuts! I wanna play with my new toys now, now, now!!! Haha!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

I don't have a pep boys around me or I would be there right now lol

Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Silver Bastard
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
I don't have a pep boys around me or I would be there right now lol
I hear ya!