3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What is the spec of a Ram Sport ?

Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Eny Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the spec of a Ram Sport ?

I'm thinking of buying a 2007 Ram Sport 4x4 Quad Cab. Can you tell me if this is a specific model of truck or just an upgraded version of another model e.g an SLT with different bumpers and a couple of interior upgrades etc ?
I have searched and do know the options available in this truck (leather seats, colour coded bumpers/grille etc) but can't seem to find out where it fits into the Ram lineup. It also has a Lone Star badge on the tailgate ?
I always try and own a top of the line model of vehicle but I don't want to go down the route of an entry level truck with a few added options.
Also,with Sport being part of the name are there any mechanical differences compared to the other Ram models ?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 PM
MoparPaul
Veteran

The main thing you get with a "Sport" package is painted bumpers and grill and no chrome accents at all.
As for the interior it all depends...could be close to an ST with crank windows or as nice as a Laramie with leather and all the bells and whistles.
But most times it compares to an SLT.
Mechanically they all are different...you can have a 3.7 sport or one with the hemi.
Its an appearance package that's all.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Eny Ram
Rookie

As it is an appearance package, does that mean you can have a 'Sports Package' as an additional option on a ST, SLT and Laramie ?
The vehicle I've seen has electric heated leather seats, electric windows, premium sound system, sunroof and has the 5.7 Hemi.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:06 PM
MoparPaul
Veteran

It's mainly an exterior appearance package. Bumpers, grill and maybe graphics as stated above.
Looks like you got a loaded model. Nice!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Eny Ram
Rookie

Thanks for your help guys, looks like this is an SLT with Sports Package.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the spec of a Ram Sport ?