3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New Rims and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:39 AM
thumperk15
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I could have I would have got the same wheels in a 20-22. The 24's are a but bit but feel in the fenders perfect with the kit I have on it. I still pull trailers but I'm more careful. Before I had stock 20's on a 275/45/20 and they were a bit too small sidewall. The 24's allow a small tire but also get you into the 33in tire range that the stock 20's had but not a tall meaty tire on a 2wd.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:23 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

I hate 24's. ThumperK is the only guy who has pulled off the 24" rim look ever IMO. But I come from an area infested with donk cars so that kinda turns me off of anything bigger than 20". Anyway, why did you buy summer rims and tires anyway?That just seems like a waste of money to me

Old 04-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Big wheels/skinny sidewalls remind me of the Micro Machines toys from my childhood. Anyone remember them...?

Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
Big wheels/skinny sidewalls remind me of the Micro Machines toys from my childhood. Anyone remember them...?
Lol I just googled that too find out. My childhood was hotwheels, lincoln logs, and fires/explosions.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:08 AM
citori13
Professional

yeah im more for the black ones as well, but sorry kinda off topic I saw in your sig you have the cherry bomb vortex. How are you liking that? I was thinking about changing to that after my flowmaster falls off. I dont think I would do the cherry bomb extreme, might be a little too loud for me, but i still like a good deep sound thats why I was thinking the vortex.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:06 AM
thumperk15
Veteran

I'm not huge on the big wheels, but to me it's never lift them to fit the wheels, and I'm even iffy if one can't lower it with the big wheels of choice. I basically don't like a stock height truck. All my rides are up or down, except our '06 SI, it's stock with aftermarket 17's with stock tire size. I got a awesome deal on my 24's and nothing too low profile I can't use it as a truck. I still haul my full size toys on my trailer. I sometimes want my stock 20's back but my wife likes the 24's. You think a 305/35/24 is a rubber band you should see my other truck, bagged '67 C10 with a 275/25/24 lol.

Back on topic though, if one can afford a second set of wheels it's nice to have a summer set and a winter set. Someone could save their knobby $500 a tire big meats and run a cheaper tire on a cheaper wheel or just for a change in a look. My old '01 Dakota back when the first 20's came out I paid $2500 for a cheap set but ran 15's in the winter to save my new shiny wheels. Now 24's can be had under $2000 lol. Man have times changed! When I was younger the 15's were it! I have to run 24's to hang with you young guns!

Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 AM
djrusso7
Amateur

Yeah, exactly i really liked my goodyear duratracs. They were great in the snow, so i wanted to save them. I also wanted something i could roast a little bit, and i got a great deal on them. So IMO i couldnt go wrong with them. I would definitely look at a little bit bigger/meatier tire for the 22s i think thatd look real good.

And as far as the vortex goes, i love it! It souds great. Its pretty loud but you dont even hear it on the highway or anything but when u step on it, it gets real loud. One of my buddies, after hearing mine, went out and got one for his truck cause he liked it so much.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Originally Posted by djrusso7
Yeah, exactly i really liked my goodyear duratracs. They were great in the snow, so i wanted to save them. I also wanted something i could roast a little bit, and i got a great deal on them. So IMO i couldnt go wrong with them. I would definitely look at a little bit bigger/meatier tire for the 22s i think thatd look real good.

And as far as the vortex goes, i love it! It souds great. Its pretty loud but you dont even hear it on the highway or anything but when u step on it, it gets real loud. One of my buddies, after hearing mine, went out and got one for his truck cause he liked it so much.
By your new chrome 24's don't look bad.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:05 AM
citori13
Professional

Originally Posted by djrusso7
Sweet! thanks man that's exactly what i'm looking for

Old 04-29-2012, 07:06 PM
djrusso7
Amateur

Originally Posted by gHEMImorePower
By your new chrome 24's don't look bad.
Thank you, they are 22's though. And no problem citori

Quick Reply: New Rims and Tires