3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Weekend project(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:17 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I did a set of halos like that a long time ago. They looked great at night but drilling into the end of the rods carefully was a PITA!

Good job

Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tneville
I went to home depot and bought some blind rod things that you twist to open or close the blinds for the tube.($2 each) My setup has 2 leds per ring, for the outer ring this is enough light. The inner ring is about twice as big as I thought so I should have either put 2 more leds in or used stronger ones. Overall Im happy with my setup and it sure beats paying full price.
That's pretty sweet man, gotta say. I have it on my project list to black out my headlights and have been debating on whether to do diy halo's, cough up the dough, or just skip em. I think I will try to diy it, seems worth it, I have access to a good machine shop and what do you have to lose for the cost of a few led's, some wire and some tubes.

You used like those straight ones for blinds? Did you heat it up to get it to stay in a circle? Sorry for all the questions, just real interested in doing this myself and trying to get all the info I can.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...3+90401+530175

Those are the ones I used. A word of wisdom though, heat them up too much and they will bubble and be ruined.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...8396FBFBF4!214

Old 06-19-2012, 02:20 AM
tneville
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...3+90401+530175

Those are the ones I used. A word of wisdom though, heat them up too much and they will bubble and be ruined.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=FB87BD8396FBFBF4!214
those are the exact ones i used

I wish I saw your pics before i did my lights, I like the half ring for the outer light better then the a smaller full circle.

Last edited by tneville; 06-19-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 AM
tneville
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ewing111
That's pretty sweet man, gotta say. I have it on my project list to black out my headlights and have been debating on whether to do diy halo's, cough up the dough, or just skip em. I think I will try to diy it, seems worth it, I have access to a good machine shop and what do you have to lose for the cost of a few led's, some wire and some tubes.

You used like those straight ones for blinds? Did you heat it up to get it to stay in a circle? Sorry for all the questions, just real interested in doing this myself and trying to get all the info I can.
on the first page of this post i have pics of the progress and what i used to help make the circles, but yea they are the strait ones. I put it in the oven with one side sticking up in the air and i waited for it to droop to take it out.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for all the info guys, when I get some extra time, maybe this weekend, I wanna try this out along with blacking out my lights. Have to see if the ole wifey has anything else planned

Quick Reply: Weekend project(pics)