3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Drunk Driver, need new bumper advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 PM
BigHorn777
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drunk Driver, need new bumper advice

Well, guys the big rig with stood another tragedy. A stupid drunk lady decided to come across 3 lanes of traffic and rear ended my truck head on. She lost, my truck actually so far as visuals go sustained minimal damage. Her car well cracked the motor in two, that says it all. My truck was pushed like 6'.
That isn't the worst part though, I had just pulled over to help a buddy who needed a jack to lift his boat trailer that had a flat. I had just walked away from the rear of my truck to get my floor jack out of the bed 45 seconds before this happened. I skirted death for sure....Anyway that is the short version of the story... On top of this she tried to flee the scene of foot and was caught 1 mile away.

The reason for the post is with all the parts I will be needing for my truck I need a new bumper and my insurance agent said I should look into a aftermarket one to dress up the back of the truck.. So any ideas guys? I have 700 bucks to spend on a new rear bumper. I want it to be usable with the hitch also. Please pass on your ideas, asap as I am going to be bringing the truck in, in a few days.

Last edited by BigHorn777; 06-19-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BigHorn777
...rear ended my truck head on.

Was she coming and going at the same time? She must have been drunk if she hit head on and rear ended you at the same time? LOL, sorry had to give you a hard time on that. That's an oxymoron or something, right? Or maybe I'm just a moron, hold the oxy.

Wow, sounds like you were lucky. I've never heard an insurance agent recommend buying aftermarket parts, although I know many people do it anyway - just to pocket a few bucks more than to dress up their ride. Just my opinion, but I think you should go with what was already there, unless you have some specific need for a purpose-built bumper of some sort. It's a nice looking truck - would hate to see if messed up by an ugly bulky bumper.

I like your rims. I think I have the same ones on my buggy:

Name:  photo1-1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  18.3 KB

Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
nateroach
Veteran

If your looking for something other than stock there is Road Rhino bumpers. Similar to Road Armor, but they actually make them for 1500's unlike RA

Old 06-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Bigboytoys
Professional

Nate that is freaking awsome looking! I wonder if they would ship overseas....the other question would be how to explain to the wifey that I need a new rear bumper! LOL!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 AM
BigHorn777
Professional

I did find those bumpers as well on the net, the Road Armor you have pictured is 1299.99 plus freight, and it does fit the 1500 series after placing a call to them. Part number44100B. Road Rhino is much less, and you can even buy it MIY which makes it much less. 799.99 plus freight completed Raw steel bumper, or 499 (mod it yourself) un welded in pieces. I could actually buy the entire kit front and rear for 899.00 plus frieght of course, but I don't have a welder and think the cost of having someone do it will probably be like 200 +? I really want the Road Armor one but they don't show them listed on there site with the slits cut into the corners anymore, and the price is insane. By the time a person gets it painted or powder coated it would be like 1500.00 for one rear bumper.

Quick Reply: Drunk Driver, need new bumper advice