3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mods Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:27 PM
klruff1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods Opinions

I'm planning on doing a few mods to my 2005 Ram 1500 Daytona Quad Cab Hemi, and have a few questions on some:

1. Hellwig anti-sway bar.

2. Timbren SES to help with slight sagging while towing my travel trailer (like airbags but without a bladder, just the rubber). I have installed these on 2 prior vehicles and liked them (Excursion and Tundra).

3. Muffler: Truck has the stock Borla system, I cut off the silencer tips and installed open flow chrome tips, looks stock. I also installed an Airaid mini cold air intake (intake tube with drop in K&N style filter using OEM airbox). Sound is better than it was but I still want some more tone out of it, but do not want it too loud due to drone in the cab while towing. My friend has a full K&N air intake and installed dual exhaust past the cats with flowmasters. Sounds great when not loaded, but when you tow or get on the gas, it us UNBEARABLE in the cab, horribly loud. What would be a good choice of muffler for my application? I've read good things about Magnaflows for quality and deep tone. Flowmaster makes several different styles, I was thinking the 50 series might be best for what I'm looking for, or should I go with a different Borla muffler to get some more louder/deeper tone?

4. Ram Air Hood Intake system: found a website that seems to have an air intake system that utilizes the stock ram air SRT style hood that I have, may purchase/install it.

5. Superchip or Diablo? I read the posts on this topic and it can get confusing. I'd like to tune the truck, which is mostly stock except as described above, and the posts can be scary. Seems like there are many complaints about the Superchip downloads, but then a few positive comments in between the 330 pages of posts. I'd like to get more power out of this 345 hp 5.7L Hemi, which system should I go with? Diablo or Superchip? Not sure if I want/need the trans tune.

Appreciate any feedback on making these choices!

Quick Reply: Mods Opinions