3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Installing leveling kit....what else should i do???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 AM
kevinj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing leveling kit....what else should i do???

I have a leveling kit on order for my 07 Ram, I was wondering what else people would recommend I do while i am installing it while i have everything taken apart (ball joints, tie rod ends, control arms, wheel bearings, etc...) The truck has about 160 000 kms on it, I don't want to spend a fortune on things but don't want to pass over some odds and ends that can be done at the same time as the leveling kit. Thanks for any advice.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 AM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they're all stock parts I would say replace them all personally. But if the budget is tight just do ball joints and tie rods for now

Old 08-09-2012, 09:36 PM
citori13
Professional

I would probably do new shocks all the way around, that's what I did when I leveled mine. Unless you are getting some already with the kit or they were already replaced recently. I have a torsion bar front end though so I was able to just crank my stock keys, but I got longer shocks in the front and replaced the backs while I was at it.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:43 PM
kevinj

I did the shocks not to long ago, so those are fine for now. Ill defiantly be doing the tie rods and ball joints...still up in the air about the wheel bearings and control arms. I've done wheel bearings on other vehicles, never a Ram, is it a tough procedure? And I guess I will price out the control arms and decide on that, lol. Any other little odds and ends anyone else would recommend?

Old 08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
reefguy89
Captain

deff inner and outter tierods. and make sure you get an alignment.

Quick Reply: Installing leveling kit....what else should i do???