3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

'05 Ram alignment help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Croghanite
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Ram alignment help

'05 4x4 with the Hemi...

Went to Good Year to get an alignment for the first time ($85). They told me it's impossible to align my truck without installing first installing a caster/camber kit. $550 bucs total!!!

Is this BS or what? If it aint BS, is there a write up on how to do this myself. The parts are only 50 bucs.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Croghanite
Amateur

BTW, I bought the truck new "fully loaded". It's impossible to align this truck without adding parts!!!!!????? pissed if this is true

Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Jareski
Veteran

If its a "new" truck, I'd be VERY skeptical about have to add parts to get an alignment done. Talk to the dealership where you bought it, the warranty must cover something.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Jareski
Veteran

Sorry I just noticed that you said it was an '05. See what the place who sold it to you says. Did you have it looked at by a mechanic before you bought?

Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Croghanite
Amateur

I bought it new in 2005. I doubt theres a warranty

Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

i have an 04 and just got it aligned as well, they said they had to adjust the castor/camber on my truck so im assuming mine came with it...not sure if it would make any sense to sell a truck that needed parts to get alinged, but maybe. crazier things have happened. i would definitely talk to another mechanic and see if you actually dont have this.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What they may be trying to sell you is a front end rebuild setup, ball joints/a-arm, tie rod ends etc. You need to find out what this "kit" really is. As far as the alignment components, the truck is manufactured with all that already there, especially being IFS.
I'm guessing that the truck being a 2005, is due for the rebuild. I don't know exactly what parts that requires, but it wouldn't take much to find out either.

Quick Reply: '05 Ram alignment help