3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Trade Hemi for Cummins?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 PM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can stomach the somwhat higher maintenance, get the diesel, its a sweet truck. However you gotta be prepared to put a little more money into it. Also in my area at least, any $$ savings in mpg is more than made up for with more expensive price of diesel. I think a diesel would be fun bc it's arguably a more robust engine and there is more you can get out of it with tuning, etc. Eh, they're both good, you can't really go wrong.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rio94gt
I run premium gas now and always use royal purple synthetic fluids so a high maintence cost I'm used too. From research I have seen the dpf and egr create alot of problems. I would delete them both ASAP. I know they aren't meant to be grocery getters but.I'd be much happier with a 14-15 MPG getter that can pull if need be than the current 10mpg getter I have.
Say what? The best OIL and The best Flue pay you back, ten Fold, Only CTD with considering is a 5.9 CTD, No 16 spark plugs to change...

A cat back or true Dual EX wakes up the hemi and helps out the MPG!!

Your going to Run Royal Purple in the CTD if you get One !!!

Last edited by cyclone429; 12-11-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Trade Hemi for Cummins?