3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Early Christmas Present

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find out who it was is the first step.. Then go buy 2 new tires and burn the slashed ones in their front yard.. And tie your invoice for the new tires to a brick and toss it through their front window... Its a damn shame people have to do that man.. Hopefully you can get it sorted out quickly.. I would be setting up some sort of camera.. A cheap option is go get a game camera and set it up to face your truck where it wont be seen.. Anybody comes around it will snap a picture or you can set it to take a video.. Good luck man

Old 12-16-2012, 03:53 PM
team_realtree
Professional

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Find out who it was is the first step.. Then go buy 2 new tires and burn the slashed ones in their front yard.. And tie your invoice for the new tires to a brick and toss it through their front window... Its a damn shame people have to do that man.. Hopefully you can get it sorted out quickly.. I would be setting up some sort of camera.. A cheap option is go get a game camera and set it up to face your truck where it wont be seen.. Anybody comes around it will snap a picture or you can set it to take a video.. Good luck man
Haha I appreciate your creativity...however I might just **** his wife she has a thing for me. The game camera is a great idea I actually have several and didn't think to use them.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:57 PM
dlyter09
Champion

lol well hey do what works man.. I have used my game camera numerous times when people would come into my driveway and start looking around when nobody was home.. Caught up with them and it ended.. Hope you get it sorted out man

Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

You need to file a police report because if you end up catching them in the act, this will fall on them as well.
I would look into your insurance policy as well. Most damage like this is comprehensive and has a lower deductible. Plus, most companies dont raise your rates for claims under $1k. Gotta have a Police Report though.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
team_realtree
Professional

Originally Posted by dirtydog
You need to file a police report because if you end up catching them in the act, this will fall on them as well.
I would look into your insurance policy as well. Most damage like this is comprehensive and has a lower deductible. Plus, most companies dont raise your rates for claims under $1k. Gotta have a Police Report though.
A police report was filed and my neighbor was listed as a suspect. My insurance situation is somewhat complicated. Basically I don't want them digging into my file because of some tickets that have yet to raise my premium.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM
DillyS07
Amateur

Sorry to hear. I had a friend recently got his nittos slashed. We found the person and he ended paying the tires and jail time.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it depends on the insurance company, but tickets don't usually drive your rates unless you have 3 or more.

I'm speaking from experience here but I'm working on restoring my driving record after a bad year in 09/early '10.

at 3 tickets they usually add 25% to your rate.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:47 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel ya on the tickets, im just starting to have some of mine get off my record, young and stupid... That sucks about the tires, what an a-hole, some people just have such crappy lives they have to bring other people down to feel better about themselves. Hope you get it resolved.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 AM
adamj546
Rookie

That sucks man I can say the whole under $1k for insurance is b.s. well just depends on where you live. Plus this would be a vandalism comp claim which it is against most state insurance laws to increase premiums due to comp claims filed. If you have tickets on your record the insurance company knows about them regardless if they were put on your record, def driving, deferred, or dismissed they know about them. This comes from working in the insurance industry for a living.

About your tires if you have a police report filed and catch the guy and it is your neighbor I would definitely go thru insurance to fix them as they will subrogate against the vandal. Depending on which company depends on how far they will take it. I know my job we will take subrogation claims thru the whole phase from debt collection, arbitration, and court if need be to recover no matter the amount intended to recover.

Quick Reply: Early Christmas Present