3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Moving here from 2nd gen!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 AM
swamper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2nd gen had a 5.9- 360 it had alot of power.the truck I have now has a 4.7 and its really powerfull but it does have a flowmaster from the cat back im sure it helps.to tell you the truth I would say my 4.7 is faster rides better to but thats just me.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Chase Lejeune
Rookie

Originally Posted by swamper
My 2nd gen had a 5.9- 360 it had alot of power.the truck I have now has a 4.7 and its really powerfull but it does have a flowmaster from the cat back im sure it helps.to tell you the truth I would say my 4.7 is faster rides better to but thats just me.
I would say the same thing, but considering my 5.9 wasn't running like it should in the first place, it didn't really surprise me. even if the 4.7 has less power, I love the better gas mileage! 14mpg is soooo much better than 8 lol

Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM
dlyter09
Champion

8mpg sucks.. I average between 12 and 15 mpg with my second gen.. I also smoked the 4.7s all day.. Also would outrun stock Hemi's till about 50 and they would pull on me till they hit their limiter at about 105.. Then I would walk past them lol... Either way it is always nice to move up into something newer

Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Jareski
Veteran

Originally Posted by dlyter09
8mpg sucks.. I average between 12 and 15 mpg with my second gen.. I also smoked the 4.7s all day.. Also would outrun stock Hemi's till about 50 and they would pull on me till they hit their limiter at about 105.. Then I would walk past them lol... Either way it is always nice to move up into something newer
You must have lots of engine mods! The 360s seem to be pretty bulletproof.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Chase Lejeune
Rookie

I used to get around 11, but my radiator went bad and overheated one day. blew my valve cover gaskets. never had the time to put new ones in, or the money to have someone else do it, so I just gave it a little oil every now and then. plus i was always getting upper and lower bank O2 codes, and it just turned my mpg to ****.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Probably from the plenum being blown.. Either way you moved into a nice truck.. Atleast you stayed in the Dodge family unlike some others lol

Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Chase Lejeune
Rookie

Probably from the plenum being blown.. Either way you moved into a nice truck.. Atleast you stayed in the Dodge family unlike some others lol
actually, i checked my plenum quite often. always dry as can be, never had any problems with it. im thinking it might have been sludge build up or something.

also, a little off topic.

you guys have any recommendations for freeing up a seized hitch pin? can't get it by hand so im probably gonna go at it tomorrow with a rod and hammer. gonna soak it in WD40 tonight first.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by Chase Lejeune
actually, i checked my plenum quite often. always dry as can be, never had any problems with it. im thinking it might have been sludge build up or something.

also, a little off topic.

you guys have any recommendations for freeing up a seized hitch pin? can't get it by hand so im probably gonna go at it tomorrow with a rod and hammer. gonna soak it in WD40 tonight first.

If it is rusted just forget the wd40.. Use some good penetrating oil for a day or 2 and then knock it out with a hammer..

Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Chase Lejeune
Rookie

If it is rusted just forget the wd40.. Use some good penetrating oil for a day or 2 and then knock it out with a hammer..
funny you say that, just came back inside from spraying it down with some johnsen's penetrating oil.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Chase Lejeune
Rookie

well, no luck on that hitch pin. feel like i might have to go at it with a torch or something, cant really think of anything else.

Quick Reply: Moving here from 2nd gen!