3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Windshield tint q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Bosox93
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield tint q's

I'm looking at getting my front two windows and windshield tinted. I'm looking at getting a strip on the top and bottom of the windshield, i was just wondering if anyone else has this and how big are the strips you used. I've been looking on the internet but i cant really find anything, other then a couple pics. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by Bosox93
I'm looking at getting my front two windows and windshield tinted. I'm looking at getting a strip on the top and bottom of the windshield, i was just wondering if anyone else has this and how big are the strips you used. I've been looking on the internet but i cant really find anything, other then a couple pics. Thanks for the help.

I'd be very careful when tinting the windshield. In my state if your vehicle has a factory tinted windshield, it is illegal to put another tint on top of it. I was told this by a man who runs one of the biggest tint businesses in our area. I would check local and state laws before going about this modification. It might save you some money in the long run

Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

There are ATS1 lines on the top of your windshield. You can tint to those legally. Bottom is generally the same distance, probably 6-8 inches

Last edited by scatpack_69; 01-23-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

This is going way back to my Ontario days but I seem to recall 4" was the max you have at the top of your windshield. I'd look into that before going to far and getting a ticket. Those aren't fun.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Bosox93
Amateur

Ya, thats the one thing I haven't looked into, I haven't gone out and got a quote yet but hopefully they would know what the laws are.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

Oh they know what the laws are but it doesn't mean many shops won't bend the rules at your expense. Most provinces don't allow any tinting on side windows up front but yet you see it all the time. The little red thing in my sig pic show illegal tint yet the dealer said they look the other way during inspections and leave it to you to fight it out with the police. Since I've already been stopped for that before, I was quick to remove the film before switching the plates. Sure it looks good but a 200$ ticket doesn't :P Certain areas crack down on this stuff a lot more then others along with aftermarket lights and/or tinted lens.

Last edited by hemi4109; 01-24-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Windshield tint q's