3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2003 Hemi 5.7 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Hutto23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 Hemi 5.7 Rebuild

I'm going to rebuild my engine(overhual). I have been looking every where for more information on this but cannot find enough resources. I have a Hemi 5.7 (2003) that may of got Hydro locked or a blown piston ring or two either way tearing it all apart I might as well do a full overhaul going that far. Maybe an upgrade or two. My question is does anyone know of a decent rebuild kit and resources to help me make this as smooth as possible. I have a 2003 Dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi motorsport slt 2 wd grey stock everything that I know of ( recentley just bought it) Will upload pics as soon as its daylight. any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I will keep you updated as the project continues but it will be slow. I searched all over Dodge talk and cannot find any one thread thats usefull for this so I'm posting this one.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM
jj141979
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know of any kits......but whatever you do make sure you cange the valve springs out to the updated ones!! The new ones have a metal sleeve on the bottom. If your thinking of a aftermarket cam get the 6.1 Hemi exhaust springs. The springs only cost a few bucks a piece from mopar. I would also get new rocker arms and pushrods. Last time I looked the rockers were somewhere aroung $250 for all 4. The pushrods where like $1 a piece.

Quick Reply: 2003 Hemi 5.7 Rebuild