3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Power Steering Whine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM
team_realtree
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Whine?

Every time I move the wheel there is a whining noise I'm assuming is linked to the power steering system on my 2006 ram 1500.

The fluid was changed 8 months ago using Mobil 1 atf4 and the level is good/ doesn't lose any.

Any thoughts on this? Cold weather maybe?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

I've had something similar. It turned out that I needed new ball joints. Might just wana get it serviced at your local tire shop.
Off topic but did you ever find out who slashed your tires btw? I was just wondering

Old 02-15-2013, 03:24 PM
team_realtree
Professional

Originally Posted by gHEMImorePower
I've had something similar. It turned out that I needed new ball joints. Might just wana get it serviced at your local tire shop.
Off topic but did you ever find out who slashed your tires btw? I was just wondering
Actually now that I listen to it you might be right about the ball joints. I'm due for a front end service. Did it end up being your upper or lower ball joints?

And no I was never able to find proof of who it was, although I do know it was my neighbor (99.9%).

Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 PM
team_realtree
Professional

Originally Posted by gHEMImorePower
You were right..drivers side lower ball joint. I put in a grease able unit this afternoon and problem solved.

thanks man!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Originally Posted by team_realtree
You were right..drivers side lower ball joint. I put in a grease able unit this afternoon and problem solved.

thanks man!
Sorry to get back so late but no problem, glad I could help out. I was pretty scared that I messed something up big time offroad but when I found that out it was such a relief lol

Quick Reply: Power Steering Whine?