3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Jlljsj1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust

2008 dodge ram 1500 trx 4/ 4.7 quad cab v8. Looking for a deep throaty basslike exhaust any recommendations?

Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
jdpartsman
Professional

First off, welcome to the site. Second, use the SEARCH feature to read about common questions already been answered. I would say exhaust questions are the #1 asked/answered it seems.

That being said, most people will say Magnaflow or Flowmaster or Cherry Bomb. If your exhaust is stock buying a muffler only had having it installed will save you money vs. a cat-back bolt on system. It also opens up more muffler options. But with a bolt-on system it is easier to go back to stock if needed.

Just remember, smaller muffler = louder. Bigger = quieter. Flowmasters sound good but don't flow the best and tend to rust out faster then others. Magnaflows are stainless steel and flow better, sound greatly depending on shape, size. Cherry Bomb; Extreme, Vortex, glasspack.......seems to be the way to go if you want to be heard.

I have had four different mufflers on my truck during the years. Small and big Magnaflow, glasspack and now a stock '09 muffler with the dual tailpies. Now I kinda want it louder again. LOL....it seems to never end!

Sorry for the ramble on....good luck!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:32 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Cherry bomb makes the best mufflers in my opinion. I have the extreme and love it

Quick Reply: exhaust